Want to Be a Student Coach?
Student Coach Regulations: A player between the ages of 13 and 17 who is currently properly registered with USA Hockey may serve as a student coach under the following conditions:
- Must get approval to help on the ice as a student coach of the team/division/level from the head coach. If a student is coaching more than one team, the student coach must receive approval from each head coach.
- Must attend a training session conducted by the local hockey association and have a completed student coaching form on file with the registrar.
- Must always be under the supervision of a carded, screened adult coach during all practices, clinics, tryouts, and in the locker room.
- May help out at practices, clinics, and tryouts only. (May not play during scrimmages or games).
- Must wear a helmet with a full face shield, gloves, and skates while on the ice. Must wear a helmet during games while on the bench.
- May only work with players at least one full playing age level down.
At age 18, the student coach must comply with all USA Hockey coaching and screening rules and regulations.
May not act as the head coach or assistant coach during practices or games.